This Rosy Radish Relish is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Perfect for adding to all of your favorite summer foods!
Relish is great on so many things and the thought of summer barbecues conjures up delicious bratwurst topped high with relish galore.
This Rosy Radish Relish is great on so many things. It’s also a good way to use up any kind of radish you may have growing in your garden. The beautiful pink color will have everyone talking at the family reunion (or the dinner table!)
Around here, radishes come and go rather quickly. I’m either swimming in radishes or the smaller kids have devoured them all. (They seem to think they are “mini apples”… so we’ll keep that thought for now!)
After giving the radishes a good scrub in the sink, I’ll either use them for Sweet and Spicy Pickled Radishes or… this beautiful Rosy Radish Relish.
If I had to choose one, I’m not sure I could ~ the Pickled Radishes are great on tacos or eaten straight from the jar. This Rosy Radish relish though… it’s incredibly addictive. Even if you aren’t a radish lover, this relish transforms them into the most amazing topping for brats and steak straight from the grill.
I’ve also eaten it on sourdough crackers (yum!) and gifted jars to neighbors in hopes they will love it just as much as I do.
Rosy Radish Relish
This rosy radish relish is brings together some of the most beautiful garden favorites with vinegar, sugar and seasonings. The rosy red color of the radishes bleeds through this relish creating a relish that’s not only good to eat but gorgeous to look at.
Give your radishes a good wash/scrub, then trim the ends before putting them in the food processor with the jalapeños and quartered onion.
Finely chop (don’t over-do it!) and then dump into a stockpot along with the sugar, salt, mustard seed and vinegar. Bring to a boil cook for 10 minutes before ladling into hot jars. Wipe the rims and apply the lids and bands.
Process in a water bath canner for 20 minutes – or, opt to refrigerate if you plan on eating quickly. With 5 kids that devour this Rosy Radish Relish, my jars only last a week (two at most!)
Rosy Radish Relish
- 2.5 lbs radishes washed
- 2 ea jalapeños stem and seeds removed
- 1 ea red onion large, quartered
- 2 Tbsp mustard seed
- 3 tsp canning salt
- 1.5 C sugar organic cane
- 1.5 C vinegar
- Wash the radishes well and pat dry, Trim off each end, set aside.
- Place the radishes, quartered onion and jalapeños in the food processor and chop until fine (avoid going too far or they will turn to mush). Depending on the size of your food processor, you may have to do this in batches.
- Add the chopped veggies to a large stockpot along with the mustard seed, canning salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Pour into hot jars allowing 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe the rims and apply the lids and bands.
- If canning, process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- For a spicier relish with more kick, add 1-2 additional jalapeños.
- If not canning, refrigerate the jars once cooled. Refrigerated jars (not canned) will last for several months if properly kept in the refrigerator.
Did you make this Rosy Radish Relish? Make sure you tag us on FB or IG at @RebootedMom to let us know how it turned out!
Check out our other summer relish and radish recipes!