These low-carb lemon chicken cloud bread tacos are not only healthy, they are high in protein and the perfect way to blow your tastebuds!
I’ve been obsessed with tacos the last few years. They are one of our favorite dinners to make – not only are they kid-friendly, they can be made with anything.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy tacos is with cloud bread – have you ever had cloud bread tacos?
Cloud bread is soft and pillowy and the perfect alternative to regular tortillas. Not only is it low in carbs, it’s naturally gluten-free and very high in protein. They taste like heaven – paired with chicken and lettuce, they are a wonderful switch on the traditional tacos.
Love love love. (No pressure!…)
Lemon Chicken Cloud Bread Tacos
These Lemon Chicken Cloud Bread Tacos are super easy to throw together. Even easier if you make the chicken ahead of time – or at least thaw it out.
I like to double the recipe for cloud bread to feed my large brood of kids – plus it gives me the chance to use as leftovers later on.
Start making your tacos by marinating your chicken with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings. Once you work that marinade into the chicken, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes while you make the cloud bread.
When making the best cloud bread, you will want to whip the egg whites and cream of tartar first.
Then, beat the cream cheese, egg yolks and seasoning separately. Fold the two mixtures together, spoon the mixture onto the baking sheets and pop in the oven.
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and saute for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve your chicken on your cloud bread with your choice of toppings. You won’t be able to eat just one! While cloud bread isn’t exactly like a regular tortilla, it is soft and fluffy.
Just like a cloud. If anything, it’s a great substitute for regular bread and a delicious low-carb option.
Lemon Chicken Cloud Bread Tacos
For the Chicken:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into chunks
- juice from ½ a large lemon or a whole small lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp garlic herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Cloud Dough Wraps:
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- salt to taste
- Place the chicken pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, garlic herb seasoning as well as salt and pepper to taste. Massage the marinade into the chicken until all ingredients are combined well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the eggs into two different bowls. Place the yolks in one bowl, and the whites in another.
- To the bowl of egg yolks, add 2 ounces of softened cream cheese, and whisk until smooth and creamy. This step is critical!
- To the bowl with the egg whites, add in ½ tsp of cream of tartar, and beat on high until the egg whites form stiff peaks. It is important that the egg whites and cream of tartar be extremely firm.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites gently, then add in ½ tsp of thyme and salt to taste, stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place large spoonfuls of the cloud dough mixture onto the baking sheet, and spread it out with the back of a spoon to form a thin circle. You should be able to make 8 cloud dough wraps with this amount of dough.
- Bake the wraps for 15 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven, and use a spatula to place them in a single layer on a plate to cool immediately.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and completely cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken as well as any Keto-friendly toppings on the cloud dough wraps, and serve immediately.
Looking for a wonderful garnish on your tacos? Whip up these sweet and spicy pickled radishes!