Easy and healthy Goat Cheese & Tomato Tart – whipped together easily with simple ingredients in a ready made pie crust. Perfect for a light summer dinner!
One of my favorite things to have in the kitchen is a few boxes of refrigerated pie crusts. While I can and often times do make my own homemade pie crusts, lets face it — having them pre-made in a box is SO helpful, especially when you’re busy raising kids and working.
Refrigerated pie crusts come in handy to whip up these Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts – which require so few ingredients and farm fresh chicken eggs. Yum! Not only are they relatively simple to make, they are healthy too – if anything, it’s a light dinner for a really hot day.
They could even be made as an appetizer or a starter to a larger meal.
Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart
These adorable tarts include:
- cherry tomatoes
- goat cheese
- sautéed onions
- farm fresh eggs
- the key ingredient: a refrigerated pie crust
Since they are mini tarts, you’ll also want to pick up a set of mini tart pans, too. Amazon has a set of 4, but I much prefer to have more on hand so I can make more tarts at one time.
The end result of a few minute of prep and cook time are these delicious tarts that will bake up in the oven in just 30 minutes.
Have you ever used a mini tart pan, or thought of creating mini Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts as a dinner option?
Check out these other popular recipes:
- Rosy Radish Relish
- Sweet and Spicy Pickled Radishes
- Foolproof Sourdough Naan
- Raw Fermented Tomatillo Salsa (Salsa Verde)
- Sourdough Pretzels Recipe
- Homemade Sourdough Bagels
Did you make this recipe? If you did, take a second to rate the recipe and give a review!
Goat Cheese & Tomato Tart
- 6 mini tart pans
- 4 oz goat cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- ready made pie crust
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 ea onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 chicken eggs large
- 1 tsp fresh sage chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- flour for dusting the pie crust
- Grease the inside of 6 mini tart pans, and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll the ready made pie crust onto a floured surface, and roll it into a thin layer.
- Divide the pie crust into four pieces, and line the mini tart pans with the crust. Roll out the leftover crust, and use it to line the remaining two mini tart pans. Poke holes in the bottom of the crust in each tart pan with a fork to help eliminate any bubbling during the pre-cook stage.
- Place the crust lined mini tart pans into the preheated oven, and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the tart pans from the oven, and set aside until ready to fill.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the chopped onion. Cook until the onion has softened and begins to become translucent.
- Slice some cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in the skillet with the cooked onions. Stir and cook until the tomatoes begin to blister.
- Add in ½ a teaspoon of sugar to the skillet with the onions and tomatoes, and continue to cook until the sugar begins to caramelize the vegetables.
- Place some of the chopped goat cheese into the bottom of each mini tart pan. Add some of the onion and tomato mixture to the mini tart pans.
- Whisk together 4 large chicken eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped sage to the eggs. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the 6 mini tart pans, do not overfill.
- Reduce the heat in the oven to 325 degrees, and cook the mini tarts on top of a cookie sheet for 30 minutes.