Sweet and Spicy Pickled Mini Peppers are an absolute treasure! A little spicy, and a little sweet, they are the perfect condiment or side to your sandwich or eaten straight from the jar!
Mini Peppers are perhaps one of the greatest little treasures in any grocery store. In my supermarket, they sell them in the bag – it’s the cutest little bag, and enough peppers to satisfy any craving.
I love having these peppers – not just because they are bite-size, but because they can be used in SO many recipes. You can slice them in half, stuff them with cream cheese, and sprinkle with bacon and cheese and bake them for a super yummy appetizer.
Or… you can eat them as-is (like I do….)
But every so often, I get into pickling mode where I want to pickle anything and everything I possibly can. And this was no exception.
Pickled Sweet and Spicy Mini Peppers
Pickled Sweet Mini Peppers are one of the best little treasures – not only can you eat them straight from the jar, you can pile them high on sandwiches. They are GEMS. And they are super easy to make, too – huge bonus!
Start these peppers by slicing them into small rings. I like to aim for 1/4 inch – you can slice them thicker or thinner depending on your preference.
Stuff them in a quart-size wide-mouth canning jar, or, separate between two pint-size canning jars. Add the pickling spice and the crushed red pepper to the jar.
Then combine the brine ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the mixture starts to boil, immediately remove from the heat and pour over the peppers in the jar. Add your lid and ring and allow the jars to cool at room temperature before storing in the refrigerator.
Allow the jars to chill for 24 hours in the fridge before enjoying.
Want more spice?
If 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes is not enough, feel free to double the red pepper for a spicier pickling brine. Or, forego the red pepper flakes altogether if you prefer a sweeter pickling experience.
Find more pickled recipes here:
- Pickled Avocados
- Pickled Brussels Sprouts
- Pickled Tomatillos
- Pickled Onions
- Pickled Beets
And so much more!
Sweet and Spicy Pickled Mini Peppers
- 1 quart size canning jar, lid and ring or, substitute 2 - pint size jars with lids and rings
- 1 lb sweet mini peppers
- 1 Tbsp pickling spice
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 C distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Rinse your mini peppers and pat dry. Slice the peppers into small rings about 1/4 inch thick. Toss the stems.
- Place your sliced peppers in a quart-size jar. Add the pickling spice and crushed pepper flakes and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Carefully pour the brine mixture over the peppers in the jar to 1/4 inch of the rim of the jar, taking care to cover the peppers completely. Toss any remaining brine.
- Apply lid and ring to jar and tighten securely. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours prior to serving.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, please take a second to rate the recipe and leave a comment as I’d love to know how it turned out.
I’d ask you to tag me on social media but I gave up social media several years ago (Crazy – right??!!) It was the best thing I ever did. I still love to read comments and hear from you though – so don’t be afraid to leave comments on this post as I do take the time to read and respond when I can.