Quick pickled carrots. An easy and healthy snack that comes together quickly with a few simple ingredients!
Just a few short months ago, I pickled up a really vintage book from my local library sales department. Not only did it have a variety of unique pickling recipes, it inspired me to want to pickle literally everything I could possibly get my hands on.
Quick Pickled Carrots
If you haven’t ever pickled carrots, it’s super easy, and takes just minutes. Unlike regular, traditional canning recipes that require the use of a water bath, these carrots are quick pickled.
To make these pickled carrots, start with vinegar and water, combined with sugar, salt, garlic cloves and pickling spice. I really suggest using dill seeds if you enjoy their flavor, too -but they are completely optional.
Stuff the carrots into your pint canning jar with a clove of garlic in each jar pushed near the bottom. Bring your brine to a boil, then gently pour over the top of the carrots until they are submerged. Then top with a lid and a band and allow to cool before placing in the fridge.
These carrots are best enjoyed after 24 hours – to allow the flavors to permeate.
HOW TO STORE PICKLED CARROTS
These pickled carrots cannot be stored in a pantry, but they can be refrigerated. Thankfully they keep for quite a long time. This recipe will keep for up to 5-6 weeks when refrigerated properly.
MORE PICKLE RECIPES
- Pickled Celery Sticks
- Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Spicy Pickled Pineapple
- Zucchini Pickles
- Spicy Pepper Pickled Broccoli
I hope you love this recipe for pickled carrots – it’s so easy and delicious! Please take a minute to leave a comment and rate the recipe as well. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest.
Quick Pickled Carrots
- wide mouth pint canning jars, lids and rings
- 1 lb carrots peeled and sliced into strips
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1.25 C water
- 1 C vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1.5 Tbsp pickling spice or, dill seeds
- Peel and cut the carrots into sticks, then divide them between each of the two wide mouth pint jars. Place one clove of garlic in each jar.
- Combine the sugar, water, vinegar, salt and pickling spice in a medium pot. Once it comes to a boil, simmer for two minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour the brine over the carrots in each jar. Top with lids and bands.
- Allow the jars to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator.