The perfect combination of ingredients come together in these delicious paleo garlic herb breadsticks that will curb your next craving for carbs.
These breadsticks only require a few simple ingredients and bake up beautifully. Brush with melted ghee or butter and sprinkle with a little basil and oregano to give them extra flavor. Then enjoy them dipped in homemade marinara sauce (note to those who are Paleo – we did hide Lentils in the sauce, which you can leave out).
Or, enjoy them as is and use them to scoop up your meaty pasta sauce.
We love certain parts of Paleo, but I love my raw dairy and lentils. I use what works for us and these breadsticks are fabulous every once in a while when we have cravings.
Paleo Garlic and Herb Breadsticks
These breadsticks will allow you to enjoy every bit of the traditional pasta sauce with meat without having to sacrifice the best part — breadsticks. And if you have kids, chances are they’ll love you for the opportunity to not feel deprived.
I know mine do! 🙂
These breadsticks are:
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Firm on the outside, yet soft
- Full of garlic flavor
- Easily adaptable
We started by combining almond flour with tapioca flour in equal amounts, then adding eggs and coconut oil. Season with salt and Herbes de Provence. Then pinch the dough into small pieces and roll to 5 inches in length.
Carefully place two rolled portions side by side and overlap over each other, then tuck under the ends. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and then place in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Brush the finished breadsticks with melted butter or ghee and another sprinkle of sea salt before devouring with homemade marinara sauce.
Paleo Garlic Breadsticks (Grain-free, Gluten-free)
- 3/4 C. almond flour
- 3/4 C. tapioca flour + additional for flouring your hands/parchment paper
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or ghee
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, eggs and melted coconut oil.
- Stir in the baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and Herbes de Provence just until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and turn out the dough onto the parchment to form a ball.
- You may need to sprinkle a little tapioca flour to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and parchment.
- Pinch 12 equal size pieces from the ball of dough. Carefully roll into a ball in between your palms, then set down on the parchment and roll into a 5 inch log with your palm.
- Lay two rolled pieces next to each other and carefully twist one side over the other. Tuck under the ends.
- Continue with the rest of the dough - use caution because if you roll too thin then the logs will break.
- Once you have them completed, place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush the finished breadsticks with melted butter or ghee and sprinkle with sea salt and additional Herbes de Provence.
Recipe adapted from PaleoGrubs
If you like this recipe, you might also want to try: