These Low-Carb Garlic Parmesan Popovers are super easy to whip up with simple ingredients, and perfect for snacking any time of the day!
Is there anything better than garlic and parmesan, blended together into a delicious (keto friendly) snack that makes the house smell amazing?
These low carb garlic parmesan popovers are the perfect afternoon snack for a hungry belly. Easy to put together and low-carb, they are great if you are on a restricted diet and looking for something filling yet flavorful.
I love mixing these up on a lazy Sunday afternoon and baking them just a few hours before dinner… it helps hold over hungry bellies and makes the house smell incredible. If you love extra garlic then go wild and add extra garlic as you mix them up. Roll
Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Popovers
Making these yummy treats couldn’t be easier. Add your water, yeast and sugar to the mixing bowl and allow to sit for 5-6 minutes until foamy. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk together. Dump the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl with the yeast, then follow by adding the garlic and oil.
Using the dough hook (I promise, this will make it SO much easier!), mix on low for one minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then crank the mixer up to 2 and let mix for two minutes until a soft ball of dough forms.
Dust a hard surface with a sprinkling of flour, then dump out the dough. Work the dough with your hands and form it into a flat surface. Separate into three portions. Shape 10 balls with each section for a total of 30 balls of dough. (Don’t worry if they appear small, they will rise as they bake). Place the balls on a non stick air plan or cookie sheet and give them ample space. Allow to rise for one hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until golden brown.
Remove poppers from the oven. Mix butter and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Then brush over warm poppers. Dust the tops with parmesan and serve warm. Yum – they are delicious!
Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Popovers
- 3/4 C warm water 105-110 degrees F
- 1.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/3 C ground flaxseedl aka flaxseed meal
- 1/4 C oat fiber
- 1/2 C viral wheat gluten
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 C oat flour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/8 C parmesan
- Add water, yeast, and sugar to the mixer mixing bowl and let sit for 4-5 minutes until foamy.
- In a small mixing bowl mix all other popper dry ingredients together with a fork or whisk.
- Dump the dry mixed ingredients into the mixing bowl with yeast. Also, add in the oil and garlic. With the dough hook on, mix on low for 1 minute. Then scrape the bowl to get everything in the middle to mix.
- Turn the mixer up to 2 and let mix for 4 minutes or until dough ball forms.
- Dust surface with flour then dump the dough onto it. Work the dough with your hands for a minute or two. Then roll into a flat ball.
- Cut dough into three sections. Then cut those sections into chunks. You will get 30 chunks from these. They may look a little small but they will rise.
- Roll the chunks around in your hand to make little balls. Then place balls on a nonstick air pan or cookie sheet. Make sure to keep them spaced so they do not touch even when doubled in size. Cover with a towel and let rise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove poppers from the oven. Mix butter and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Then brush over warm poppers.
- Dust the tops with parmesan and serve warm.
Did you make these popovers? If you did, take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment to let me know how they turned out!
Looking for more yummy snacks?