This Zuppa Toscana combines the delicious flavors of your favorite Olive Garden soup into a simple soup that comes together easily at home!
Who doesn’t love a delicious copycat recipe?
Zuppa Toscana is one of the most popular items on the Olive Garden menu. It’s also one of those soups that’s most likely to be made at home as a copycat version recipe…
Just like this – Zuppa Toscana.
It’s so easy to make at home – fry up a little sausage. Add some bacon, sauce up some minced garlic, toss in the chicken broth.
Literally – toss it in. Just kidding – we don’t need to go tossing around chicken broth. That would be a very messy endeavor!
Zuppa Toscana – Instant Pot or Stove Top
Really though – this delicious soup can be whipped up on the stove top. Or if you have an Instant Pot, use it to throw this soup together quickly for your family. It combines simple ingredients – thinly sliced potatoes, mild Italian sausage, minced garlic, and fresh kale.
Serve up next to your favorite loaf of garlic bread, garlic breadsticks or even crusty sourdough bread. Here are some tips for making the best Zuppa Toscana:
- Slice your potatoes thin to ensure that they cook quickly.
- Don’t have kale? You can use a handful of spinach in its place.
- Mild Italian sausage works wonderfully well if you have kids who can’t take the heat. If you prefer to spice up the soup, use hot Italian sausage.
Accompany this soup with any of these yummy sides:
If you do happen to try this delicious soup, please leave a comment, and rate the recipe to let me know how it turned out for you!
- Instant Pot (if using Instant Pot recipe)
- 1 lb mild italian sausage
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 4 potatoes sliced thin
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 C kale chopped, or substitute spinach
- In a skillet, cook sausage with red pepper flakes - drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook bacon - reserve a small amount of bacon grease.
- Using the bacon grease you reserved, add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant - be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in cream and sausage.
- Add spinach or kale a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Push saute on your Instant Pot. Cook sausage with red pepper flakes - drain and set aside.
- In that same Instant Pot, cook the bacon. Reserve a small amount of bacon grease.
- Using the bacon grease you reserved, add onion and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant - be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Pour in the broth and potatoes. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 5 minutes, manual pressure. It will take several minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. Once the pot beeps done, release the pressure.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Stir in cream and sausage. Add the kale just before serving.
Looking for more fabulous soup recipes? Try any of these, below!