Bloody Mary Chicken takes chicken to a whole new level! Use Bloody Mary Mix as your chicken marinade to create the most flavorful, moist chicken you’ll ever enjoy!
It’s not every day that I have a bottle of Bloody Mary mix hanging in my refrigerator. But I recently picked up a bottle from the local food pantry and had some fun with it in the kitchen.
When I say “fun”, I don’t mean that I used the mix in the traditional sense that one would combine it with liquor — I used half of the bottle to make a really cool cold process soap (check it out here!)
And kept the rest of the bottle to use as a really unique marinade for chicken I wanted to meal prep for the week.
Meal prepping chicken has been a lifesaver for me – when the business of the week sets in, having chicken that’s deliciously cooked and ready to toss into meals is a God-send!
Bloody Mary Chicken
The bright and bold flavors of a Bloody Mary mix come out in this easy-to-make chicken marinade that will take your chicken to a whole new level!
Marinade is one of the best ways to cook chicken – with just a few simple ingredients you can marinate chicken for an hour up to 24 hours. I love mixing up marinade early early in the morning, and tucking that marinade with chicken in a large, gallon ziplock. I usually let the marinade work that chicken for at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Once the marinade has done it’s work, toss the chicken in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F in the oven until the chicken is done.
This marinade combines:
- pre-made Bloody Mary mix
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire sauce (or, sub low sodium Soy Sauce)
- salt and pepper
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check these out:
- Salsa Verde White Chicken Chili
- Bacon Wrapped Smoked Chicken
- Simple Low-Carb Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Have you ever used Bloody Mary mix as your chicken marinade? Do you have a favorite marinade you lean towards when meal-prepping chicken?
If you try this recipe and love it, make sure to rate the recipe to let me know how it turned out!
Bloody Mary Chicken
- 1/2 C pre-made Bloody Mary mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 boneless-skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 Tbsp Bloody Mary rimming spice
- salt as desired
- cracked black pepper as desired
- In a large, gallon, zip top bag, combine marinade ingredients. Add chicken to bag and zip the bag closed.
- Gently massage the bag/marinade to coat the chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken on a baking sheet or in a baking dish and cook for 40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Alternatively, grill the marinated chicken on a pre-heated grill for 7-10 minutes per side, or until lightly cooked.
- Optional: season chicken with additional Bloody Mary Rimming Spice or salt and pepper, as needed/desired.
- Lemon juice can be substituted with lime juice.
- Worcestershire sauce can be substituted with low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos, if desired.