Our smallest baby just turned six months a few weeks ago – and she’s starting to enjoy to eat different foods. This is our last of five – seeing them eat their first foods has always been a fun experience 😉
We’ve always avoided commercial baby food because it’s just so much easier to make our own – and our kids have always eaten everything with confidence.
If you have a little one who is going to start eating soon, check out this post with 5 of the best first foods for baby. Many of these are incredibly easy to make yourself – making your own gives you full control of what goes in your infant’s food at such an important time in their life. Not to mention it is such a huge cost-saver, too!
If you have an Instant Pot, soft boiled eggs are incredibly easy to make, and one of the best first foods you can give baby.
Egg yolks from free range pastured chickens contain fatty acids that will help support brain and nervous system development.. If you don’t raise your own chickens,you should be able to find a dozen pastured eggs for $5 at your local farmers market (CSA) – ours has them available when we pick up our CSA bag.
If you have an Instant Pot, you can make one in a matter of minutes. The benefit to using your Instant Pot is that you don’t have to keep an eye on the clock – the pot will beep when it’s done and you simply remove that egg and put under cold water to peel.
- 1 pastured egg
- 1/2 C. water
- Place the trivet in your instant pot, and place the egg on the trivet.
- Pour in the water.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve.
- Set the pot for manual (high) pressure for 1 minute.
- After the pot beeps (done), immediately release the pressure, and place your egg under cool water to gently remove the shell if you plan on cutting in half to serve the yolk.
- OR, you can serve in an egg cup with a spoon - gently tap the side of the egg to scoop off the top portion and eat with a spoon.
- If serving egg yolk to baby, always remove the egg white. Egg white is not recommended for children until after the age of 1.
[…] have made egg custard, hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, and egg bake in the Instant […]