Bourbon Candied Peanuts are addictive, delicious and super easy to throw together – they make the perfect sweet snack and an even better gift for the holidays!
Who doesn’t love candied nuts?
Nuts coated in sugar and butter really aren’t the most ‘healthy’ of snacks, but they certainly are one of my favorite things to gift at the holidays.
Candied nuts can be made with pecans, walnuts or even peanuts – they come together quite easily. Some recipes require you to bake them in the oven – but other recipes (like this, below) don’t require any oven time at all.
Bourbon Candied Peanuts
I much prefer avoiding the oven, simply because I have a tendency to forget the nuts are in there, and they can overcook so easily. This recipe, however, is so much easier – start with the basic butter, sugars, and cinnamon, and add in your favorite variety of Bourbon.
Mix the first five ingredients, then stir in your peanuts. Sauté on low/medium for 7-10 minutes, taking care not to over-cook. Then spread your peanuts out on a cookie sheet laid with parchment (or Silpat baking mat)- separate the peanuts with a fork as best as you can.
Allow the Bourbon Candied Peanuts to cool before storing in a tightly covered container.
Once you start eating these Candied Peanuts, you won’t be able to stop!
Store and Gift
Allow the peanuts to cool, then store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.
These Bourbon Candied Peanuts make a wonderful gift idea for family and friends! Divide the Candied Peanuts into these adorable sacks and tie with ribbon for a fun, and easy way to gift your family and friends:
- Your postal worker, UPS or FedEx delivery man or woman
- Bus driver
- School teacher, Sunday school instructor, or Pastor
- Neighbor, co-worker
- Landscaper or Pest Control
- Auto mechanic
- Or, your local fire department or police force – they love getting snacks
More recipes using your favorite nuts:
Did you make these nuts? If you did, please take a second to give the recipe a STAR rating and leave a comment. Did you make any changes?
Bourbon Candied Peanuts
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 C bourbon
- 3 C peanuts
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the peanuts. Mix well to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer the peanuts to a skillet on low/medium for 8-10 minutes; stir frequently to prevent the peanuts from burning.
- Remove the peanuts from the stove; spread evenly on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Allow the peanuts to cool for 15 minutes if not more. You can also place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for quicker cooling.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in a cool pantry.