Panko roasted asparagus are fresh asparagus spears coasted in a mixture of grated parmesan and breadcrumbs and baked until they are crispy, golden brown.
YUM! Love asparagus? Me too! It’s one of the most common items in our CSA bag each week when it’s in season and every time I get it, I get more and more excited because it’s one of my favorite vegetables.
Asparagus is so incredibly easy to make and so versatile – you can use it in casseroles, and dips – not to mention you can steam it, or bake it.
You can even bread it – which is what we did today!
This Panko Roasted Asparagus makes an absolutely delicious side dish, but if you want to eat it as a snack, I promise I won’t tell. Even a non-asparagus lover might just fall in love with asparagus after eating this lovely side dish. It’s delectable!
Not to mention, so easy to put together!
Panko Roasted Asparagus Recipe
To get started, just cut the ends off the asparagus about 1″ from the bottom and discard. Ensure you have a baking mat (it makes baking so much easier!)
We make our own bread crumbs by keeping the ends of our Organic Bread – we store them in a large freezer bag and place in the food processor until they are fine crumbs. Then we pop in the oven on a baking sheet to lightly toast for 8 minutes.
Not only is it easier, they are much better than store bread crumbs and you won’t have to make a special trip (plus it helps you use up something you would have tossed!)
What’s your favorite way to eat asparagus? If you haven’t given
- 1 lb. thick asparagus spears
- 1/2 C light mayonnaise
- 1/4 C Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 C panko bread crumbs (or make your own)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the ends off the asparagus.
- Combine the mayo, mustard and lemon juice in a bowl - put half in a separate bowl and refrigerate.
- Take the half leftover and spread on asparagus.
- Then roll the asparagus in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Place on a baking mat on a baking sheet size 15x10.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and roast for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.