These Maple Apple Blondies combine the warm and inviting flavors of fall apples and maple syrup with just the right amount of sweetness!
I can’t think of a better way to start the month of November than with Maple Apple Blondies. My favorite bars.. with all the fall flavors. You’ve got warm maple syrup, crispy apples, cinnamon, vanilla extract…. Combine those altogether into cake-like bars, and top with a gentle frosting.
These Maple Apple Blondies are to die for.
They really are a great addition to the breakfast table, or simply enjoyed with a cup of warm coffee or cocoa. One thing my kids always ask me though is “why not just make cookies, mom?”
I think it’s safe to say that we all love cookies – I like mine loaded with Reeses Pieces instead of chocolate chips. And slightly underbaked so they fall in the middle… and are crispy on the edges. Hand them over… those are just the right cookies to dunk in a glass of cold milk. Perfection.
Every so often I get the urge to make bars, especially when the weather is cooling down and apples and maple syrup are in abundance. Not just any bar though.. I like a light, cake bar that I can frost with a thin layer of sweetness. Not that I don’t like to dump on the frosting (sometimes I do.. ), but just a thin layer.
For just the right amount of sweetness that keeps you coming back.
Maple Apple Blondies
These Maple Apple Blondies start with chopped apples, wrapped in a warm batter lightly. Toss in some maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
The bars then bake in a hot oven for 25 minutes, before they are allowed to cool on the baking rack. While they are cooling, combine powdered sugar, maple syrup and a touch of milk to create a light frosting. Smear over the bars and cut into squares. Enjoy the fall flavors of these maple bars with your next cup of apple cider,
These blondies will fill your house with all the best smells of fall and make it incredibly hard to resist the temptation of just one more.
Looking for more fall flavors?
- Sugar Covered Cranberries
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bread
- Amish Maple Iced Cookies
Did you try these blondies? If you did, take a second to leave a review and comment to let me know if they were as delicious for you as they were for us!
Maple Apple Blondies
- 3 apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C butter melted
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
For the Bars:
- Peel, core, and dice the apples.
- In a medium bowl combine white and brown sugars, eggs, vanilla, syrup, and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder and whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix (using a spatula or wooden spoon). Gently fold in the diced apples.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Let cool.
For the Maple Glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour glaze over blondies and spread with a spatula.
- Cut into bars and serve.
More fall recipes: