Deliciously easy Instant Pot Wild Alaskan Cod, that cooks up easily in ten minutes or less for a healthy, no fuss meal perfect for a busy night!
Who doesn’t love a really good, healthy meal? I think we can all agree that having a delicious dinner on the table in minutes is our goal.
If you’ve spent any time in the kitchen lately, you may have heard of the ever infamous Instant Pot. I have had mine for over five years and it has been the best appliance purchase by far.
An Instant Pot (or, electric pressure cooker) is much better than having the one that sits on the stove. A stovetop pressure cooker scares me. As a result, my stovetop pressure cooker now has a permanent home: my garage, until someone wants to take it off my hands.
Instant Pot Wild Alaskan Cod
Cooking fish in the Instant Pot is rather easy. Add your cup of water (for the steam), then your trivet, then lay your foil on the trivet, or opt for a baking dish and set that directly on the trivet. Lock the lid, seal the valve, and push manual (high pressure) for 5-9 minutes.
- Frozen fillets: 9 minutes on high pressure
- Thawed fillets: 4-5 minutes on high pressure
I can’t stress enough though.. the importance of picking up quality seafood – stay away from farmed seafood.
For a change of pace, you can curl up the ends of the foil on the trivet and put 1 C of cherry tomatoes down. Then, top with your cod and cook as noted. So good! Or, top your Wild Alaskan Cod with Cherry Confit – delicious!
Wild Alaskan Cod in the Instant Pot
- 2 Wild Alaskan Cod filets (BIG filets can feed easily 2-3 people)
- 1/4 tsp salt or more, to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper or more, to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Lay the trivet inside your Instant Pot. Pour in 1 C. water.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil on the trivet. Top with the Wild Alaskan Cod filet(s). If you are using a larger filet, cut into 2-3 pieces.
- Season with salt/pepper & miscellaneous seasoning. Top with butter.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Seal the valve.
- Push manual (high) and set the timer for 5 minutes (thawed) or, 9 minutes (frozen).
- Once it beeps, release the pressure manually.
If you loved this recipe, I would be so appreciative if you gave the recipe a review.