Instant Pot Orange Chicken is healthier than takeout and easy to make using your Instant Pot. Combine simple, fresh ingredients to make this recipe in less than 20 minutes!
One of the best reasons to pick up an Instant Pot is to allow yourself the opportunity to make more meals at home and save money in the process.
When you can make Instant Pot Orange Chicken in a few minutes, you save the heartache of opening up your wallet at restaurants like Panda Express that can easily cost $20 – $40 if not more – especially if you are a large family.
Just a few weeks ago we had a friend that made us some amazing Orange Marmalade with oranges she had gathered from her backyard. The marmalade was amazing on toast but I wanted to keep it to make orange chicken.
How to Make Instant Pot Orange Chicken
This Instant Pot Orange Chicken is the best solution to a busy weeknight when the kids have practice and everyone is ravishing hungry. We picked up our Instant Pot in 2015, we have made over 100 recipes — of them all, this Instant Pot Orange Chicken is my absolute favorite.
I could eat this for days and never get tired of it.
(Ok… maybe I’m stretching it!) But seriously – I love it.
Coconut aminos are a wonderful alternative to soy sauce if you are trying to minimize the use of soy in your diet. The flavor is comparable and coconut aminos can be picked up at Costco for just under $10.
Defrost your chicken breasts beforehand to reduce the cook time and make this Instant Pot Orange Chicken a breeze on a busy night. Using four breasts makes enough food for 5-6 people.
You can serve over rice, or go a step further and use a Veggie Slicer to spiral some noodles.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You should think about picking one up – it’s one of the best investments you will make!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and diced
- 1/4 C. water
- 1/4 C. soy sauce or, substitute (see above)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 C. orange marmalade
- 2 Tbp water
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot flour (or, corn starch)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 5 drops Orange Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living)
- Optional: green onions, sliced for garnish
- Add the chicken, water, soy sauce (or, soy sauce alternative), brown sugar, red wine vinegar and chili powder to the instant pot - stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, close the valve, and set the timer for manual (high) for 4 minutes.
- When the pot beeps done, do a quick release, and remove the lid. Add the 2 Tbsp water, marmalade, arrowroot flour, black pepper and sea salt (more or less to taste).
- Stir to combine and toss with the chicken, and push saute to allow the mixture to simmer until syrupy on the chicken.
- Add the essential oils at this time if you are using; otherwise, serve atop rice or next to veggie noodles and garnish with green onions.