These lovely [vegan] crackers are incredibly easy to make with just 5 ingredients and are a wonderful option if you are trying to avoid grains.
While most homemade cracker varieties require eggs, we didn’t have any left and found this recipe to be an incredible opportunity to make something with what we had on hand. They were easy to mix up and baked rather quickly – they earned a great response from every single one of our kids who mentioned “Mom! They are AWESOME!”
I’ll take that and run with it 😉
Even the youngest one was able to eat them until her heart was content, and they would actually be a wonderful option for wheat-free teething biscuits.
- 2 C. almond flour
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian herbs or, Herbes de Provence
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the wet ingredients together and add to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Roll the ball out between 2 sheets of parchment, to 1/8" thick.
- Remove the top layer of parchment.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut 2" squares.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes; remove, then allow to sit 15-20 minutes before enjoying.
Finding this easy homemade cracker recipe was completely accidental ~ late one night, everyone wanted a snack and as I opened the fridge, I realized we were completely out of eggs. While we could have easily grabbed cookies or sandwiches, wheat is not an option.
We found this recipe on Elana’s Pantry and it’s now a permanent part of our food rotation – and an excellent snack for everyone including the kids. We never seen to have leftovers because everyone in the house gobbles these crackers up faster than you can blink.
Looking for other grain-free snacks?
Leave a Reply