If you have Potatoes and Kale in abundance in your CSA bag, this is a great way to use them up… very easy to make and your kids will love it, too! (Ours did!)
I honestly didn’t make too much because I didn’t think my kids were hungry for dinner as they had eaten pasta, but after pouring two bowls, the oldest two wanted soup as well, and next thing you know my Instant Pot was empty and another recipe went in the books as a success.
Do you have an Instant Pot? If not, it’s one of the BEST investments we have ever made!
This is very cost effective to make as well – as there are only a few ingredients within – can be done in less than 15 minutes (including peeling your produce!)
- 6 C. Organic Chicken Broth
- 3 Large Potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks (or, 8-9 small yellow potatoes)
- 4 Carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 bunch Kale, chopped
- In the Instant Pot, pour 4 C. of the chicken broth.
- Add potatoes, & carrots, lock the lid.
- Set on High (Manual) for 9 minutes.
- After it's done and beeps, do a quick release.
- Add the Kale and lock the lid for 1 additional minute on high pressure.
- Once it beeps, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls, along with rolls.
We served ours with these Sweet Potato Rolls (they are popular with our kids! Add a little butter and serve them warm and they are DELICIOUS!)
Checkout more recent Instant Pot Recipes… see 10 Reasons why we invested in an Instant Pot, and find the BEST Instant Pot Accessories to have for Instant Pot Owners!
How much is a 1/2 bunch of kale?
Kale is all usually the same size ( as far as bunch ) — so I don’t know.. I just use half the bunch. If I had to guess I’d say 1 1/2 – 2 C?