Spinach Dip is probably one of the most popular dips that you frequently pick up in restaurants – or, in grocery stores to chow down with chips or even french bread.
Yum! Who doesn’t love a good, cheesy, filling spinach dip? I love it just as much as you do ~ but.. I’ll be honest and tell you that it’s incredibly difficult to pay $8 – $9 for a single appetizer in a restaurant when you know you can make it for SO much less.
This spinach dip is quite a twist on the original version – similar in some parts, but has a few ingredients that you probably wouldn’t ever think to combine together.
You can make this dip dairy free with coconut yogurt – we are a raw dairy family so we used our own raw dairy yogurt, and threw in a few avocados. It’s great to top with some diced onions and diced peppers – my kids couldn’t stop eating it (especially my 10 year old!)
It’s a wonderful way to use up fresh spinach and avocados that are ripe and ready to eat. Let me know how you like it!
- 2 large, ripe avocados, halved and pit removed
- 1 C. fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 C. greek yogurt (opt for coconut yogurt for dairy free or, raw milk greek yogurt)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C. cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or more to taste
- Optional garnish: diced onions, diced tomatoes,
- Combine all ingredients in a medium food processor (6 C. or more) with the exception of the salt/pepper.
- Process on high until combined.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Pour into a serving dish and top with optional garnish.
- Enjoy with pita chips.
- Since this dip includes avocados, it will start to turn colors if left out for long periods of time. Eat immediately or keep tightly covered and refrigerate until ready to serve.