If you are in love with Lentils as much as our family is, here’s a really yummy recipe that you’ll love to sit down to at night ~ not only is it super easy to make (basically cut, and dump!) … you’ll probably have some leftover that you can refrigerate.
Did you know that Lentils are incredibly good for you?
Keep a few extra canning jars in the fridge for a quick lunch during the week — the soup should last 5-6 days as long as it stays refrigerated.
Everything to make the soup is a pantry staple in our house ~ sweet potatoes are SO good for you, we always have a bag (or two!) in the pantry to use for muffins, chili or quick meals.
- 1 large Sweet Potato, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 C. Organic Green Lentils
- 4 C. Organic Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 stems of Kale, chopped
- In your Instant Pot, combine the Sweet Potato, Carrots, Onion, Garlic, Lentils, Bay Leaves and Stock.
- Put the lid on the pot, and set to manual (high) for 20 minutes.
- Once it beeps (it's done), let sit 2-3 minutes, then do a manual release of the pressure.
- Add the salt and chopped kale - let the kale sit for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Serve in bowls alongside rice (optional), or refrigerate for later.