Everyone in our house is big fans of lentils – and if I don’t make lentils at least once a week, they practically beg for them…
Thankfully Lentils are great for you, and relatively easy to cook – you can make them on the stove, in the crock pot or… our favorite, in the Instant Pot. That Instant Pot basically cuts the time in half, which makes it really nice if you cook them up as much as we do.
And we might be a little weird in that we love to eat soup, and we could eat it every day. It doesn’t matter if it’s 40 degrees outside or 117 (as Arizona does get hot!) – we can eat it all year long.
If you have some chicken and lentils, this soup is easy to throw together. Love lentils but not a fan of chicken? You can see more Lentil Soup recipes HERE, and HERE – great options if you want to forego the meat.
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Potato, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 C. Lentils (we used green)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 6 C. Organic Chicken Stock
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked & shredded
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Serve with white rice, optional cilantro for garnish
- In your Instant Pot, dump in all of the ingredients with the exception chicken, salt and pepper.
- Cover with the lid, and push Manual (High) for 15 minutes. Make sure the valve is closed.
- Once it beeps, release the pressure, and add the chicken, salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice, garnish with cilantro.