Omelet stuffed bell peppers are the perfect easy, healthy dinner idea! Not only are they easy to make, they are incredibly healthy, too!
If you are looking for an easy, healthy dinner recipe that the entire family will love, look no further than these omelet stuffed bell peppers.
If there is one thing that I absolutely love having too much of, it’s eggs. They are such an incredible source of protein and it’s fun to see the variance in color when I pick up eggs at the farmers market. Some are big, some small, some speckled… others are deep red, and some are green/blue. (Have you ever wondered why?)
Breakfast for dinner is one of the easiest things to make. Who knew that these bell peppers would be the perfect vehicle for inside-out omelets?
Omelet Stuffed Bell Peppers
Making these is incredibly easy too – less than 10 minutes of prep time to wash, halve the peppers and scoop out the seeds. Set them on a lined baking tray or in a dish, and start layering. Start with hash browns, diced tomatoes, crumbled bacon (optional) or sausage, and then pour in your beaten eggs.
Sprinkle with cheese, and top with a dash of salt and pepper, and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. You will want to cook just until the eggs set and the cheese is nicely melted. The outer edges of your peppers may brown a bit, too.
Since you are baking your peppers with the eggs, there is no need to pre-cook or boil them. They will soften up in the oven quite well.
Once baked, remove from the oven and serve on a plate. You could top with your choice of sour cream or salsa, or eat as is. They are incredibly delicious!
These omelet stuffed bell peppers will be your next healthy go-to when you are in need of a quick dinner that everyone will love ~ they are:
- Full of flavor
- Full of protein
And a perfect way to incorporate a meatless evening if you should decide to forego the meat and follow our recipe as-is. Feel free to use refrigerated hash browns – or, pull out your food processor and quickly shred a single russet, and use that same food processor to shred some fresh cheddar, too.
There really isn’t any right or make these omelet stuffed peppers – so be creative!
Omelette Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 bell peppers halved, cleaned, and seeds removed
- 1/2 - 3/4 C. hash browns uncooked
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/2 C. cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 C. parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium baking dish or a lined cookie sheet, place the halved peppers open end facing upwards.
- Sprinkle a spoon or two hash browns in each pepper, topped with a small spoon of tomatoes. Push down the hash browns and tomatoes with the back of the spoon, leaving room for the eggs to fill in the gap.
- Divide the beaten eggs between all six bell peppers, carefully pouring over the tomatoes and hash browns - some may drizzle out depending on how level your peppers are when halved.
- Sprinkle cheddar and parmesan atop the egg-filled peppers, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is nicely melted. The cook time may vary from person to person depending on how much filling you included in each omelette.
If you give this recipe a try, please leave a comment, rate the recipe and be sure to tag me on Instagram!
[…] Baked Chicken Fajitas18. Prosciutto Cauliflower Crust Pizza19. Low Carb Almond Flour Bread20. Omelet Stuffed Bell Peppers21. Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Garlic, Parmesan, and Spinach22. Healthy Veggie Pizza23. Chocolate […]