Delicious Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream that comes together quickly with simple ingredients for an ice cream that is rich in flavor!
Who doesn’t love to sit down with a good bowl of ice cream? Mint chocolate chip ice cream is one of the most memorable of ice cream flavors from when I was a young kid.
That and neapolitan ice cream (chocolate, vanilla and strawberry in one container!). We grew up in the outskirts of town in the midst of farms. The Schwans truck was quite popular when we were kids – it was a panel truck that came by every other week to sell you food. You could buy things like ice cream, pizza, chicken and even snack type foods.
I don’t remember much, but I do recall that they had the very best ice cream.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This mint chocolate chip ice cream comes together with just a few simple ingredients — butter, heavy whipping cream, stevia (or other sweetener), peppermint extract and chocolate pieces.
I personally love to use shaved chocolate in this ice cream instead of huge chocolate chunks. But if you prefer to dump some chocolate chunks in there go for it!
Get started by adding two cups of heavy whipping cream, your sweetener of choice and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer that mixture until the sweetener dissolves and the butter melts.
Then, increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil, heating for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Pour that mixture into a glass storage container and cool to room temperature. Once cooled, add your peppermint extract and mix well. If you choose to add food coloring you’d do it at this time, too.
In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining two cups of heavy whipping cream and whip to stiff peaks. Gently fold the peppermint mixture into the whipped cream. Then, sprinkle the shaved chocolate over the top, and gently fold in. Freeze that mixture for 4 hours or overnight.
Serve and enjoy every bit of your mint chocolate chip ice cream!
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream (KETO)
- 4 C heavy whipping cream divided
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp powdered stevia see alternatives, below
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- In a medium saucepan, add 2 C of heavy whipping cream, sweetener, and butter.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring until butter melts and sweetener dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Pour into a glass storage container and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add peppermint extract and mix.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add remaining 2 C of heavy cream and whip to stiff peaks. Gently fold peppermint mixture into the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate over the top and gently fold.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sweetener substitutions:In lieu of Stevia, you may substitute:
- 3/4 granola sweetener - Monkfruit or Swerve
If you loved this ice cream, I would be so appreciative if you gave the recipe a review.