This loaded veggie frittata is a wonderful take on a meatless entree and is a great way to use an abundance of eggs and garden-fresh vegetables!
Swiss chard, kale, tomatoes, onions… even bell peppers. It’s such a wonderful thing when you can walk out into your backyard garden and pick everything you need for evening dinner. Would you agree?
This past year, Swiss chard has taken over my backyard garden. One thing led to another and I found myself with a sort of … jungle of chard growing across the backyard. Thankfully chard works wonderful in this Cheesy Garlic and Swiss chard side dish, as well as this Loaded Veggie Frittata.
It’s even better if you can also walk into your backyard and pick up fresh eggs, too.
Loaded Veggie Frittata
Get started on this dish by dicing some bell peppers and onion. Then combine with a mix of diced kale or Swiss chard leaves – or mix and match a little of each.
Saute in a little butter and minced garlic for a few minutes until soft. Then add in the diced tomatoes and basil, set aside. Whisk the eggs with the seasonings, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
Cheese – Mmmn!!
Once combined, stir the egg mixture into the veggies and pour into an ungreased pie plate. Bake in your 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your loaded veggie frittata with a salad, side of bread or a fresh fruit. This is one of my favorite ways to use an abundance of eggs for a light (meatless) meal that won’t break the bank!
Loaded Veggie Frittata
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 C swiss chard leaves stems removed, and leaves chopped; can substitute kale
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 C panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 C mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the minced garlic. Add in the bell pepper, onion, and swiss chard/kale mix, and cook approximately 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and basil. Stir well, and remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add the bread crumbs, garlic powder, italian seasoning, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir well until all ingredients are incorporated. Add the mozzarella cheese, and mix well.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the egg mixture bowl. Stir well until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, and the edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Did you make this Loaded Veggie Frittata? Make sure you tag us on Facebook @RebootedMom to let us know how it turned out!
Looking for more ways to use an abundance of eggs? Here are 20 Awesome Egg Salad Recipes!