One of the BEST reasons to invest in an Instant Pot is to afford yourself the opportunity to make some of the most amazing foods, MUCH faster.
We have been infatuated with our Instant Pot since we got it in December, 2015 – we have made everything from Cheesecake (several!) to Soup, Hard Boiled Eggs, Rice, Mahi Mahi….. even Yogurt. It’s an easy, foolproof way to make really healthy food.
And while some may mention that pressure cooking isn’t great for the food, it actually IS super ~ you can read our last post for more.
- 1 C. Quinoa
- 1 1/2 C. Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Rinse the Quinoa to remove the natural coating, called saponin, which can make it taste bitter or soapy.
- Strain it well.
- In the Instant Pot, add the olive oil, salt, water and quinoa.
- Put the lid on the pot, and ensure the valve is closed.
- Set the pot to manual (high) for 1 minute. Once the pot beeps, let it release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes (count down).
- Once that 10 minutes has ended, release any remaining pressure and fluff with a fork.
- Double the recipe to make more ~ 2 C. Quinoa, 3 C. Water and 1 tsp Salt, and cook for the same amount of time.