Sweet Corn is one of those summer favorites – and while you can make it on the grill or, boil on the stove, I can guarantee you won’t do either of those ways once you have an Instant Pot.
The 7-in-1 Instant Pot we invested in this past December (2015) is the BEST investment we have ever made — it can cook up your ears in 2 minutes.
The effort is SO minimal, and the corn turns out amazingly well – much more tasty than cooking it on the grill or on the stove by boiling. You will wonder why it took you so long to make it in your Instant Pot.
You’ll want to make sure you have a Steamer Rack. We removed the hook and handle in the middle by unscrewing, and then removed the silk from the corn to prep it for the steamer. We can cook between 6-8 ears of corn at any given time in our Instant Pot – it’s a breeze compared to boiling them on the stove!
Have you tried cooking corn in the Instant Pot?
- Ears of Corn on the Cob, silk removed
- 2 C. Water
- Pour the water in the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot, and top with your steamer basket.
- Lay the sweet corn in the steamer basket.
- Lock the lid, and ensure the valve is closed completely.
- Set the pot to Manual (High) for 2 minutes.
- Once the pot beeps, release the pressure and remove the corn.
Check out over 100 of our favorite Instant Pot Recipes – from main dishes to sides – including several varieties of tamales, potato salad, homemade yogurt, sloppy joes, Vegetarian posole & more.