Moist and delicious paleo chocolate zucchini bread with simple ingredients, sweetened with maple syrup. This bread is nothing short of amazing!
Everyone loves a really good zucchini bread. When you combine zucchini in chocolate, then it’s an entirely amazing experience that nobody can turn down!
This recipe is so stinkin’ easy. It’s perfect if you have a garden with a bountiful harvest of zucchini.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Paleo, Grain Free)
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can shred the zucchini in the food processor. Lift out and set on a napkin quick, and then mix up the rest of the ingredients in the same food processor without even rinsing it out. Once the ingredients are well mixed, then pop the zucchini back in and blend one last time. Then pour into mini bread loaf pans and bake for 30-35 minutes.
I didn’t find it necessary to squeeze the water out of my zucchini. I did let it sit on the napkin on the counter while I mixed up the other ingredients rather quickly in the same food processor before putting zucchini back in.
I sweetened the bread with maple syrup, but you can use honey. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla extract just for a little extra flavor. It makes an excellent snack for the kids. In fact, I have made it into 26 mini muffins and my 4 year old managed to scarf down 6 while I was filling the second pan.
She left the wrappers scattered all over the kitchen. I’m still not sure how she managed to eat that many when I wasn’t looking.
Once the bread is done, allow to cool, remove from the pan and wrap generously in plastic wrap. Then wrap and place in a zipper bag and refrigerate for up to a week. The bread warms up wonderfully in the microwave – and holds together so well when sliced.
*The recipe made one loaf + 2 regular muffins for me – but wasn’t quite enough to fill up a regular bread loaf pan. If you are making mini muffins, it will stretch to around 26 smaller muffins.
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 C. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. cacao powder
- 1.25 C. almond flour blanched
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C. zucchini grated
- 1 Tbsp additional almond flour for flouring the baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and grease & lightly flour a 6x4 (small) loaf pan or baking dish with a tiny bit of almond flour.
- In your food processor, shred the zucchini. Then lift out gently and set on a few napkins on the counter.
- With that same food processor, combine the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cacao powder, almond flour and baking soda and pulse briefly until well combined.
- Lift the lid on the food processor and place the shredded zucchini inside - lock the lid back on and pulse once more very briefly until zucchini is combined - you may have to scrape around the sides.
- Pour the batter into the greased and lightly floured mini loaf dish and place in the oven at 350 for 30-35 minutes until it no longer jiggles in the middle and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool completely. Run a knife around the outside of the bread and gently flip the loaf dish in your hand to turn out the bread.
- Wrap the completely cooled loaf in plastic wrap, then place in a zippered bag and refrigerate for up to 7 days if you are not enjoying immediately.