Vegan Roasted Tomato Basil Soup – a delicious combination of tomatoes, onions, and basil, roasted and blended into a delicious and healthy meal!
Of all my favorite things to grow in the garden, tomatoes have to be it – they are absolutely the “be all, do all” for any and every recipe.
You can dehydrate them …
Make them into tomato basil pesto…
You can turn them into your own marinara…
And even make tomato chutney – yum and yum x 100!
You can even turn them into the most delicious jam EVER known to man. I promise, that tomatoes do indeed make yummy jarred jam – you didn’t know that, did you?
All in all, they are probably the most versatile garden bounty you could ever grow.
But lets talk about soup – this Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup is the EASIEST way to make dinner. Cut the veggies, toss on a sheet, drizzle with oil and herbs and roast.
After a quick pulse of the blender you have a dinner meal – bonus: it’s good for everyone, and since it’s meatless, it accommodates the vegan palate, too.
Vegan Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup
This soup combines simple yet healthy ingredients:
- roma tomatoes
- garlic cloves
- basil leaves
- yellow onion
- tomato paste
- salt and pepper – to taste, of course
Ready to get started? Gather up your ingredients and line your favorite cookie sheet with foil or your favorite silpat liner.
Place your veggies on a cookie sheet, and drizzle with oil and herbs. Then, roast in your preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes – cool slightly before bending in your favorite blender.
Season to taste, and then serve.
More Soup Recipes to try:
- Minestrone Soup
- Loaded Chunky Baked Potato Soup
- Chilled Avocado Soup
- Pesto Chicken Soup Recipe
- Broccoli Carrot Cheddar Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
- 3 lb roma tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 8-10 ea basil leaves
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove the stems. Peel the onion and cut it into quarters. Then, peel the garlic cloves.
- Take a baking sheet and arrange the tomatoes, onions, and garlic on it. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables. Then, season with salt and pepper - mix everything around until well combined.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Afterward, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer everything from the baking sheet, including the accumulated juices, to a blender.
- Add the tomato paste to the blender and blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and slice them into thin strips.
- Divide the soup evenly into four bowls and garnish each portion with the basil strips.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, please take a second to rate the recipe and leave a review – I’d love to know how it turned out for you.