This healthy Chilled Avocado Soup is perfect for hot, summer days and comes together quickly and easily with simple ingredients!
Avocados are perhaps one of the most versatile foods. Not only are they great if you are eating Keto, they are perfect for many other recipes. For example..
- Roasted Tomatillo and Avocado Salsa Verde
- Spicy Avocado Habanero Sauce
- Mango Shrimp Ceviche with Avocado
- Fudge Avocado Quinoa Brownies
Did you know that you can even use avocados to make super lush avocado cold process soap? It is true – I have done it! It’s one of my best selling soaps in my Etsy shop – so much in fact it’s often out of stock.
While I prefer to keep things simple and just eat my avocado with a cute spoon, this chilled avocado soup might take a close 2nd!
Chilled Avocado Soup
This Chilled Avocado Soup really does come together quite fast. Gather up these simple ingredients and whoosh them together for a soup that’s perfect for a hot summer meal:
- large avocado, peeled, and pit removed
- chicken broth
- Tabasco sauce
- lime juice
- heavy cream
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro, chopped
The lime juice is perhaps one of the most critical components of the soup as it helps retain that beautiful soft green color of the avocados.
Dress it up a bit with some chopped cilantro and serve next to a beautiful loaf of crusty bread and you’ve got yourself an easy, nutritious meal that everyone will love.
I hope you love this recipe for avocado soup – it is one of my favorite things to make in the heat of the summer. Especially when I am trying to avoid turning on my oven!
Please take a minute to leave a comment and rate the recipe if you try it. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest.
Chilled Avocado Soup
- 1 large avocado peel & pit removed
- 1.5 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- Place the avocado, chicken broth, Tabasco, and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth. Cover and chill for one hour.
- Prior to serving, whisk the heavy cream and sour cream into the avocado mixture until combined.
- Ladle the soup into 4 soup bowls, garnish with the fresh cilantro and serve.