Gummy bears are a pretty popular thing around our house ~ the type that you buy in box at store are full of processed chemicals and refined sugar and aren’t the best option.
Thankfully they are super easy to make yourself – not only that, there are a ton of combinations of flavors you can use!
We pulled out Thieves Vitality and Lemon Vitality Essential Oil to make these gummy bears – Thieves Vitality is labeled for dietary use, and is a combination of Lemon, Clove, Eucalyptus Radiata, Cinnamon Bark, and Rosemary essential oils to create one of our their popular products.
These ingredients combine overall wellness and support of a healthy immune system. You can add a single drop of Thieves Vitality to any drink, or even to recipe. We used just a few drops in these gummies and they were incredible! They take just a few minutes to whip up.
They are a great way to help support your child’s immune system especially if they can’t take capsules, or if they are unwilling to take Thieves Vitality in their tea. These gummy bears almost make it too fun to eat… Our 3 year old lined hers up on the table and had a party with them before popping them in her mouth, it was funny to listen to her play with them.
Putting them together is really simple! You will need to pick up some silicone molds – we used these cute little bear molds, which fit 50 to a tray.
The trays come with a bulb syringe that you will need to have to add the liquid to the tray. After 30-45 minutes in the fridge, these gummies are ready to pop out and enjoy.
Amazon has a variety of gummy trays you can use though – see all of them here.
Store them in the fridge in a ziploc bag and pull out when needed.
If you have Thieves Vitality and Lemon Vitality you will want to give these a try – we only used a few drops of each essential oil, combined with some chai tea we had in the pantry, raw honey and gelatin. While gelatin is abundant in the grocery store, invest in a better high quality gelatin that is from pastured beef.
Great Lakes and Vital Proteins are both wonderful options that are derived from pastured cattle that aren’t kept in a confined animal feeding operation (like lesser, cheaper brands). The tub may be a significant cost up front, but it will last you an incredibly long time.
Note: Make sure you pick up Gelatin and not Collagen Peptides. While Collagen Peptides (the blue can) are good for you too, they blend into cold liquid like protein powder and they won’t gel up your mixture to make gummy bears.
- 2 oz raw honey
- 3 oz organic steeped chamomile tea
- 3 drops Thieves Vitality Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 Tbsp unflavored high quality beef gelatin
- Gummy Bear Molds (find on Amazon)
- Combine the steeped tea and the raw honey in a medium saucepan.
- Turn on low heat and heat just until the mixture is very warm - you don't want it to boil, but you want it to be hot to the touch - then pull off the stove.
- Sprinkle in the gelatin and whisk in - if you dump it all in at once it'll clump, so sprinkle and whisk at the same time until the gelatin is combined.
- Add in the vitality oils and stir to blend one last time.
- Place the molds on a rimmed cookie sheet, and use the bulb syringe to distribute the gelatin mixture evenly within the molds.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool - at least 30-45 minutes should be sufficient.
- Pop out and store in a covered container in your refrigerator.
Interested in finding out how you can get started with Essential Oils?
Pick up the Young Living Premium Starter Kit which includes both Thieves Vitality and Lemon Vitality, for just $160 – and earn $20 back in the form of an Amazon Gift Card!
Recipe credit: EO Healthy Living
Could you replace Thieves with ONGuard by dottera?
Wondering how many can a child have a day?
My kids loved them so much they could eat them all if I let them so I have to monitor .. I would suggest no more than 5-6.
What is the purpose of the gummies? I’m thinking immunity.
Immunity is correct.