Combine lentils and quinoa in this hearty, flavorful meatless chili made easily and quickly in the Instant Pot!
Perhaps you have someone in your house that loves lentils – or, maybe you are simply looking for a basic, easy dinner that you can dump in your Instant Pot and walk away… something that will warm up your belly and is relatively healthy too.
Then this might just fit the bill.
Lentils are a pretty big deal around my house – they are, afterall, my girls’s favorite food. They have a permanent residence in my pantry.
Then this chili came along.
It’s absolutely amazing – flavorful, rich, easy, and cooks quite fast in your Instant Pot. You need to have a recipe like this – not just for the sheer fact that it’s full of flavor, but because it’s an incredibly healthy dish that you can pull together despite a frantic schedule.
This soup is full of protein from the lentils and the peruano beans, and a bowl of it has some pretty hefty nutrients.
I topped mine with cheese, & chopped green onions, but you can also add a little dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt, too.
Let us know how it turns out for you – it’s one of my kiddos favorite foods and a staple dinner that’s on my regular dinner rotation.
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 1 can water (use the can from the tomatoes)
- 1 C. brown or green lentils, dry
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans (or, use your own cooked beans('
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/3 C. quinoa, uncooked & rinsed
- 1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt or, to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot, in no particular order.
- Top with the lid, close the valve and set the timer for 20 minutes on high (manual) pressure.
- Once the pot beeps, allow to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Serve with shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, green onions, cilantro or even avocados.
- For a change of pace, serve over baked potatoes.