The next time you get your hands on some chicken breasts or thighs, this is such a great way to use them. Of course, you can use chicken for soup, or even shredded Mexican chicken, but this recipe is one of my favorite ways to enjoy rolled tacos.
It makes the most delicious rolled tacos, burritos and is even amazing over rice. It might almost be as good as sitting down with a plate of these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies…
I might be lying if I said that. Because y’all, cookies are just the best no matter what else is hanging around the kitchen.
This chicken is super simple to throw together – if you can push a button and hold two forks, then you can do it. I think it might be more challenging to actually wait for it to get done, especially if you are using it to make rolled tacos. And once you do have it done and you decide to make rolled tacos, you might find yourself stuffing your face with this honey garlic shredded chicken as you go.
Wait though.. that might just be me. 😂
But I was so hungry. Honey Ginger Chicken makes me so hungry.
I know, I’m such a rebel.
On a serious note, this is one of those chicken recipes that you keep in your back pocket – it truly is an incredible way to flavor chicken without too much effort. The kids will love it too, especially for the simple flavors.
If you have an Instant Pot, the chicken is much easier because you really don’t have to do anything except put chicken in a pot and push a few buttons and it comes out moist and flavorful, all while allowing you to fold clothes and do laundry while the pot does all of the work.
The best part? You don’t have to worry about your kids and a hot stove because the Instant Pot is sealed by you.
Note: We opted out of the soy sauce, but feel free to include if you prefer.
Honey Garlic Chicken (Instant Pot)
- 1-1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 C. water
- optional: soy sauce
- garnish with parsley or diced green onions
- In the insert of your Instant Pot, add the oil, ginger and garlic and saute for a minute or two, just enough to bring out the flavor. Turn saute function off.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot with the garlic and ginger, along with 1/2 C. water. Top with lid and close the valve. Cook on manual (high) for 20 minutes. Once done, release the pressure manually.
- Keep the juices in the pot, and carefully shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return the chicken back to the pot with the juices, and add the honey, ground ginger, salt, pepper and optional soy sauce. Put the lid back on the Instant Pot and set the pot for high (manual) for 5 minutes.
- Once done, manually release the pressure, and garnish with green onions or parsley and enjoy in your favorite recipe.