Potatoes are so incredibly easy to have on hand at home, and perfect to serve up next to a huge beefy steak. You can make potatoes in the Instant Pot in a matter of minutes…. either mashed or made into hash browns and frozen for another time.
Buttery Idahoan potatoes are so awesome to slather in butter and sour cream, sprinkle with some salt and enjoy even as a meal themselves. Oh how I love a really GOOD potato!
These potatoes are a switch on the traditional – kids love them, they are easy to make and they are perfectly crispy … add a little Lemon or Lemon Essential Oil for even more flavor.
These potatoes are deliciously soft, with just the right crispiness on the outside ~ flavored with Lemon and Italian seasonings and tastes amazing with some really great steak sauce.
If you have an old cookie sheet, save it especially for recipes like this ~~ no need to line with foil or parchment, just keep the pan for making this gorgeous potatoes 😉
Deliciously soft roasted potatoes are crisped up and flavored with lemon, and Italian seasonings - a delicious addition to any meal.
- 8-9 Yukon Gold potatoes
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (we use a blend of oregano, basil, marjoram and thyme)
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place your Yukon Gold Potatoes in a medium saucepan of water with a few pinches of salt. Boil until soft/tender 20-25 minutes. Drain well.
- Grab your cookie sheet and wipe down with a little olive oil.
- Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet, evenly spaced.
- Use the bottom of a flat glass or a potato masher to gently push down on each potato - not too much, but enough to smash them slightly.
- Mix together the lemon, olive oil, lemon vitality, and garlic and drizzle over each potato.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, and a few pinches of salt.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy. If necessary, follow up with 30 seconds to 1 minute under the oven broiler on high.
- Remove, and serve immediately, adding additional salt as needed.
Leave a Reply