When you are in a pickle for dinner and you aren’t sure what to make, it’s this recipe that might just save you.
And you will probably end up loving this recipe and finding it SO versatile you will make it often – you NEED to make it often. It’s great for everything from tacos to burritos, enchiladas, and more. It’s great over rice, too.
If you have an Instant Pot, this is incredibly easy to make – shove that crock pot back in the pantry because you won’t need it for this – if you don’t have an Instant Pot it’s a total game changer in the kitchen.
Why make this in the crock pot when you can throw everything in the Instant Pot and whip this up in a fraction of the time? The Instant Pot truly is one of the most life changing appliances you could pick up for your kitchen. It can make everything from eggs to beef and potato casserole, cheesecake, to tamales.
In fact, we have made over 100 Instant Pot Recipes since we first picked up the appliance in 2015 – talk about a game changer in the kitchen, this thing is incredible!
But lets talk about this recipe… it’s incredibly simple. Just dump boneless skinless chicken breasts in the pot with brown sugar, salsa, spices and a little liquid smoke to give it a deep, rich flavor with some kick.
Once the chicken is cooked, you will need to shred and add back to the Instant Pot to absorb all the flavors. Save some of the liquid and use it to make some flavorful rice later on.
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 C. Mild Salsa
- 1-2 cans of Green Chiles
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 drops Black Pepper Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living)
- OR, 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- In your empty instant pot, lay the chicken on the bottom and brush with the olive oil.
- Add all the other ingredients on top of the chicken.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve.
- Set the timer for high (manual) for 27 minutes.
- When the pot beeps, release the pressure, and remove the chicken to shred. Put the chicken back in and let cook on slow cooker with the lid on for 10-15 more minutes to absorb all the liquid.
- Serve with hot sauce.
- You may opt to keep any of the liquid at the end to make rice - it gives the rice a nice, smoky flavor.
Find over 100 Instant Pot Recipes from Tamales to Eggs, Beef and Potatoes and more.