Homemade Gingerbread Granola – the perfect accompaniment to fall! This gingerbread granola mixes up easily at home and bakes to perfection with all the best flavors of fall.
It’s definitely the time of year to relish in everything pumpkin and gingerbread! From Pumpkin Gingerbread to plain ol’ Gingerbread Muffins, and even Ginger Cookies, anything gingerbread invokes all the fall feels.
This Homemade Gingerbread Granola does exactly that – it’s both easy and inexpensive to make. Add together all of the ingredients and spread out in a shallow layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Toss in the oven and bake until just golden brown. Allow the granola to cool before tucking away in a storage container or resealable bag. You can enjoy this Homemade Gingerbread Granola on yogurt, ice cream, or simply as is with a splash of milk or heavy cream. It is SO good!
(Check out this Instant Pot yogurt recipe – it’s everything you need to know!)
Homemade Gingerbread Granola
Tips for making the best gingerbread granola:
- Don’t overtake! Keep a watchful eye on the cookie sheet – the lower the temp the better. Don’t be tempted to crank the temp too high in fear that the granola will over-cook.
- Maple syrup is a wonderful addition to this granola. However, feel free to sub it for 1/2 honey and half maple syrup.
- Want to add some nuts? Feel free to use walnuts, almonds, or even pecans. I find that pistachios are less likely to over-cook when added to granola. If you would like to use walnuts, almonds or pecans, I suggest adding them towards the end to prevent them from burning.
- Switch things up – use Pumpkin Pie Spice in lieu of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg!
I hope you love this gingerbread granola as much as I do!
If you make this granola, please take a second to rate the recipe – comment and let me know how it turned out for you and if you made any changes to the recipe!
- 4 C old fashioned rolled oats *can use gluten-free if needed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C avocado oil *or substitite coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Stir to combine.
- In the same bowl, add vanilla extract, molasses, maple syrup and avocado oil. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread the granola, pressing to flatten it down slightly into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before breaking the granola apart and serving.