Love Gingerbread? We do too – – it smells incredible when you make gingerbread at home. The entire house swells up with the most warm and inviting scent.
One thing that my kids love is muffins – and for a while I was making mini muffins .. just because they are the perfect size for smaller hands. But… this time we had so much batter and little time so we made the regular size muffins.
They are relatively easy to make, and taste amazing – not only that, they are very filling, too.
If you prefer making something different, you can use the muffin batter to make a simple bundt cake instead – this recipe makes (2) 3 C. Bundt Pans, OR (1) large Bundt Cake Pan… the Bundt Cakes will bake a little longer (about 55 minutes in a 350 degree oven!)
- 1/2 C. Coconut Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 C. Molasses
- 1 C. Milk
- 1/2 C. Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 3 C. Organic, All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Mix the oil, eggs, molasses, milk, buttermilk, vanilla, brown sugar, and spices until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder) and stir just until blended.
- Pour into lined muffin cups, and bake for 20 minutes at 350 until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.