If you love cornbread, you’ll love this amazing twist ~ not only is this cornbread full of zucchini, it’s also dotted with roasted green chiles. Hatch chiles to be exact.
This is a moist, dense cornbread – not crumbly, but perfect for soup… or just by itself. Full of flavor, and so easy to make. Instead of making it with the typical cornmeal, we made this with corn flour.
- 1 C. Milk (we used Raw)
- 1 C. Zucchini, grated
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1/4 C. Butter, melted
- 2 Hatch Green Chiles, roasted, peeled, de-stemmed & seeded, and diced
- 1 C. Organic, All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 C. Organic Corn Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 C. grated Cheese (we used Gouda)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine the milk, zucchini, eggs, onion, butter, and green chiles and mix just until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients - flour, corn flour, sugar, turmeric, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in 1/2 C. of the shredded cheese, then pour batter into the grease 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes - then open the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top of the loaf.
- Bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Cover & refrigerate leftovers.
The best place to buy Organic Corn Flour is Amazon – you can pick up (4) 24 oz Bags of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Flour for just over $10.
[…] Adapted from Allrecipes Rebooted Mom http://www.rebootedmom.com/ Love Zucchini? Try this Green Chile Zucchini Cornbread and these Healthy Loaded Chocolate Zucchini Mini […]