This French Grated Carrot Salad is an easy way to use up an abundance of carrots – if you have to bring a dish to pass, this would be the perfect dish to whip up.
Of course, the hardest part of this salad is getting out your food processor – but once you get the appliance on the counter and the carrots are shredded, the rest is downhill.
In an ideal world, it would need a few hours of refrigeration to allow the flavors to blend… but if you only have 30-45 minutes, you can definitely make it work.
Not only is this salad simple, the flavor is absolutely incredible.
- 1 lb carrots, peeled
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 drops orange vitality essential oil (optional) or, 1 Tbsp orange zest
- Grate the carrots in your food processor and set to the side.
- Combine the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, pepper and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the grated carrots and chopped parsley and toss to combine.
- Add more or less salt/pepper as needed.
- Add the essential oil or, the grated orange zest, and toss lightly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and refrigerate until you are ready to serve (the longer the better).
- Toss right before serving to allow the flavors to reconnect.