Lets talk about brownies – I think you *might* agree with me that everyone goes wild for brownies. It’s basically almost the perfect comfort food dessert.
Brownies are best warm, gooey and chocolatey – they can be eaten with ice cream and whip cream (or both).. or you can enjoy on their own. As amazing as they can be, they aren’t so wonderful for our diet – most brownie recipes are loaded with high amounts of refined sugar, and white flour.
It can be so hard to find an alternative brownie recipe that’s not super unhealthy – you can find brownies made with avocado and quinoa, or even flourless muffin brownies (made without refined sugar or flour) which are pretty incredible. You can even make black bean brownies, if you are feeling adventurous.
If you are feeling adventurous, you can even try them with sweet potatoes, too (I have – they are delicious!)
But these? These are THE best *healthier* brownie I have ever had. Hands down – you will never look for another recipe after this one because these are the perfect brownie! With just 7 simple ingredients, you can transform these brownies to a healthier, guilt-free option.
Toss your refined sugar – because these brownies focus on using maple sugar, which comes from maple syrup. In place of processed white flour, use arrowroot starch – which makes these brownies not only gluten-free, but also flour free. Arrowroot starch is entirely grain free, perfect for those on a Paleo diet.
This recipe is so easy to throw together with just a few simple ingredients. The result is rich, chocolately, decadent and rich brownies that are SO delicious that you won’t need any frosting at all. Pull them from the oven, allow them time to cool, then cut them up into 16 perfectly sized brownies.
The BEST rich, fudgy and decadent brownie you will ever have! These brownies are Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 C. maple sugar
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. cacao powder
- 1/4 C. dark chocolate chips* (Enjoy Life Brand)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 glass baking dish. Or, line the baking dish with a layer of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, coconut oil, maple sugar, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the arrowroot starch, cacao powder, and Himalayan pink salt just until blended, being careful not to over-mix.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips, just until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top with your spatula or spoon.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20-22 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). Avoid over-baking - they will not jiggle when you remove them.
- Once removed from the oven, allow them to cool for 25-30 minutes. Use a sharp knife and slice into 16 brownies.
- Enjoy! Best when served that same day.
Find all ingredients easily at Thrive Market and score free shipping on orders of $49 or more. *Look for Paleo friendly dark chocolate chips, such as Enjoy Life brand.
Leave a Reply