Do you love Quesadillas? They are the ultimate comfort food!
Around our house they are pretty common – and they can honestly be a great way to use up veggies. Smush them in between a few light layers of cheese… or cut them up with some chicken and throw in some shredded cheese and cook on each side.
Whether you make your own tortillas OR you buy the Organic Corn Tortillas at Costco (36 to a pack for $7 – and they are AMAZING!) chances are.. your kids will LOVE them.
If you shop at Costco, you might also want to look for the Organic Gouda Cheese they have there too – it’s amazing!
Spinach is abundant at this time of the year in our CSA .. and thankfully my oldest daughter, who is 9, loves Spinach. But only leafy spinach. Which means.. if I cook it down into pasta she will turn up her nose. But if I throw it in between a few light layers of cheese in a quesadilla, I’m golden.
If you don’t have a Cast Iron Skillet, you can pick one up on Amazon for a relatively great price.
- 4-5 thinly sliced pieces of Gouda Cheese (or, your cheese of choice)
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- 1 handful of fresh Spinach
- Lay one of the tortillas on the griddle or on your stovetop on a cast iron skillet.
- Turn the stove on medium and griddle the tortilla until cooked on one side.
- Flip, then lay the cheese on the tortilla and spread out the spinach.
- Top with the 2nd tortilla.
- Cook until done on that side, then flip to cook thoroughly on the other side. If using pre-cooked tortillas, then cook until they bubble, then flip.