One of the best ways to save yourself time when you have a family is by cooking ahead – whether that be chicken, or ground beef, or keeping a frozen soup rotation.
Taco Meat is one of the easiest things to cook up in your Instant Pot – and I always try to keep a few pounds browned and stored in freezer bags to make weeknight dinners absolutely a breeze.
Of course, the Instant Pot helps in that area too – but having the meat already browned and ready to throw in soup is a HUGE time saver… and that’s where the Instant Pot can help.
This Taco Meat is SO full of flavor – you can use it in tacos, or casseroles, even soups – it’s great to add to a salad, or eat on top of chips with lettuce and tomatoes as a garnish, add a little sour cream and guac and you have an instant dinner. It is SO good, you might just want to eat it out of the bowl, too!
If you recently picked up an Instant Pot, you will want to bookmark over 100 deliciously yummy Instant Pot recipes to work with your meal rotation.
What is your favorite meal to cook in your Instant Pot?
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, thawed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Optional: garnish with chopped cilantro
- Set all of the items in the Instant Pot with the exception of ground beef.
- Push the saute feature and saute for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the ground beef, and using the same feature, saute until browned.
- Push the keep warm/cancel button.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, close the valve to "Seal" and push the manual button, then set the timer for 15 minutes.
- When the pot is done (beeps), quick release, and use the saute feature to cook off any liquid.
- Drain meat and place in freezer bags for quick weeknight dinners.
Bookmark these Healthy Instant Pot Recipes that will inspire you to eat better this New Year!