Chances are your week is busy – between appointments, work, kids and keeping the house in tip top shape.. you find yourself struggling to put dinner on the table.
Time is at a limit.
When you have the opportunity to throw everything in ONE pot and let it cook for less than 30 minutes that’s a WIN – right? This dish is just that – easy, one-pot, delicious chicken bathed in a juicy mango sauce that’s perfect over rice.
This is the kind of pulled chicken you’d pay quite a bit for at a restaurant – and just one taste of this chicken makes you feel like you are in a tropical paradise, because it really does have an island feel.
The original recipe called for 1/4 C. Mango – we used 3 Mangoes and I would recommend doing the same – it was delicious! As we cut our juicy mangoes, we tried to keep as much of the juice on the cutting board so we could add to the Instant Pot.
The recipe cooks in just under 30 minutes – pair with rice, whether white, or brown… or pineapple rice like we opted for.
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Hatch or Anaheim Chile Peppers, roasted, peeled & diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. Chicken Broth
- 8 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 2-3 Mangoes, diced (along with the juice)
- 1 large Lime, juiced
- 1/4 C. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- In your Instant Pot, add the olive oil.
- Place the chicken on top of the olive oil, and then top all of the other ingredients with the exception of the tomato sauce and chicken broth - there is no particular order, just throw everything on top of the chicken.
- Pour the tomato sauce and broth over the top of the contents.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve - push Manual (high) for 25 minutes (for thawed chicken).
- The Instant Pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure, and then count down 25 minutes until it beeps (done). Once it beeps, manually release, and remove the chicken on a place to shred - return back to the pot.
- Place the lid back on the Instant Pot and set the pot on Manual (high) for an additional 3 minutes to give that shredded chicken time to blend with the juices.
- Once the pot beeps, manually release and give it a stir - serve on top of rice.