Soft Cooked Dipping Eggs are so easy to make in the Instant Pot – just 2 minutes & they are perfect with slices of toast!
With 5 kids running around our house every morning, getting everyone fed and school work started can be a challenge most mornings.
Every morning we rely on the same quick foods to get us going — soft and hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt.
Sometimes, they eat tomatoes – weird, but true..
One of their favorite things to eat is hard boiled eggs. They are SO easy to make in the Instant Pot, and I can make a dozen at at time.
Soft Boiled Dipping Eggs (Instant Pot)
Lately though, my smaller kids have been infatuated with soft boiled eggs. When I was a kid, my siblings (4 of us) and I used to have eggs & toast daily. Not just any eggs & toast though. A soft boiled egg that was just soft enough to dip slices of toast inside and enjoy.
Did you eat that?
(Toast in the Hole??)
My younger kids now call it toast in the hole – and they eat it in an egg cup within minutes of getting up in the morning. I love toast in the hole too. But even more, I love it because even my infant can have it too.
Skip the baby cereal and grains for your infants and start them on egg yolks when they are ready to eat. Avoid giving them the white until after 1 year of age. The yolk, however, is packed full of nutrients – provided you pick up pastured eggs.
Pastured eggs can be such a great source of protein for babies. Plus, if you soft boil, they are perfect for them to eat. The Instant Pot makes it so easy to make soft boiled eggs, all you need is a mere 2 minutes!
Once the 2 minutes is up, take them out immediately. If you keep them in there, the yolk will not be soft & runny. If you are feeding to your infant, it will be a challenge as the yolk will harden up.
Before you get started, bookmark over 50 Instant Pot Recipes – from Tamales to Yogurt, Traditional Mexican Mole & more.
Soft Cooked Dipping Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C Water
- In the Instant Pot, place the trivet.
- Pour in 1/2 C. water and place the pastured eggs on the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the valve (seal). Push manual and reduce the timer to just 2 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, release the pressure immediately and put the eggs into porcelain egg cups, and crack off the top with a spoon or knife to lift off and reveal the yolk - it should be runny.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste (optional).
- Slice your favorite variety of bread into long, thin pieces and dip into the runny yolk to enjoy.
If you give this recipe a try, please leave a comment, rate the recipe and be sure to tag me on Instagram!