Pickle Salsa – all the flavors of your favorite summer pickles, wrapped in a yummy salsa that can be coined as “Pickle de Gallo”. Perfect for summer!
Pickle de Gallo (or, pickle salsa) combines all of your favorite flavors – summer dill pickles, cucumbers, red bell peppers, onions, and some heat from a jalapeño (optional of course!)
It will be your new favorite salsa recipe – perfect for summer. In all honesty, this can be enjoyed all year long (I know we do!)
I did not even know Pickle Salsa existed until I spotted it on the end of the aisle at the supermarket. It was at that moment I thought “you know … that’s such a beautiful idea, I’m totally making this myself!”
Several Years Later..
….I’m STILL making this salsa, it is just that good! It’s one of my kiddos favorite things to eat and you can often times find them cutting the cucumbers in prep for this yummy salsa, it’s just that good.
This yummy salsa combines all of your favorite summer flavors:
- red bell pepper
- onions (for crunch)
- garlic dill pickles and brine (for flavor)
- optional minced jalapeno pepper
When finely diced, all of those flavors come together and work perfect as a salsa for chips or added on top of your favorite seafood recipe. I have also added this salsa to arepas, tacos and even quesadillas.
This pickle salsa is super simple to toss together. To get started, gather your ingredients, get busy with your knife (finely dicing is best) and toss it all together.
What kind of pickles work best? I love using long pickle spears (any variety) – provided they are diced up as small as possible. It’s best to choose a pickle that you love, as you will be using the pickle and the brine.
Tips for making pickle salsa:
- slice your cucumbers lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds in the middle with the tip of the spoon. Then finely dice.
- opt for sweet onions (white or Vidalia). If you prefer, swap out the white onion with a red onion – it’ll add more flavor.
- keep everything a good, consistent size – it’s more visually appealing and you’ll get a little bit of something in each bite
More Salsa Recipes
Looking for more salsa recipes? Try any of these fun recipes below:
- Hatch Chile Salsa
- Fermented Salsa Recipe
- Healthy Cantaloupe Salsa
- Raw Fermented Tomatillo Salsa (Salsa Verde)
- 1 cutting board
- 1 proper knife
- 2 English or Persian cucumbers sliced lengthwise, seeds scraped out, and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, finely minced
- 1/2 C pickle brine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 whole pickles finely diced, about 1 C.,
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- Toss your cucumbers, pepper, onions, garlic, hot pepper (optional) salt together.
- Stir in the pickle brine and mix again.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour - this allows the flavors to combine before enjoying.
Did you make this salsa? If you did, please take a second to rate the recipe a 5 and leave a comment to let me know how it turned out for you!