Ripe peaches are the key to this deliciously sweet yet smoky flavor behind Peach BBQ Sauce – great on steak, even better on chicken at your next family barbecue!
When you think of peaches, BBQ sauce probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. The truth is, peaches are amazing in BBQ sauce… they give what is traditionally smoky a really nice sweet flavor component.
And with the temps soaring over 100 degrees right now, the best place to be is behind the grill in the backyard.
This peach BBQ sauce is just one of many homemade BBQ sauce recipes I’ve managed to whip up over the last few years. There’s something really special about being able to create your own BBQ sauce …
By making your own, you control the sweetness…
And it’s all doable in a matter of minutes. Yes, minutes!
Peach BBQ Sauce
This peach BBQ sauce comes together quickly and easily with a few simple ingredients – to include fresh peaches. To make things even easier, don’t even bother removing the peach skins – as the blender will take care of that once they are soft.
Ingredients in this sauce include:
Ketchup – I prefer the simple ketchup without added corn syrup (but you can use what works for you!)
Brown sugar – gives it that rich, sweet flavor
Peaches – about 4 C of diced peaches, keep the peels on.
Water – or substitute Dr. Pepper, or even Cocoa Cola (even better .. use them if they have gone flat! They’ll still work well!)
Liquid smoke – infuse some smoky flavor!
And Apple cider vinegar – enough said!
Combine all of those ingredients and allow them to simmer on the stovetop for 15-20 minutes. Puree, then jar. Voila – that’s it!
More BBQ Sauce Recipes:
Did you like this recipe?
If you did, please go ahead and give it a STAR rating to let me know how it turned out for you. Did you make any changes? Leave a comment, I’d love to know!
Peach BBQ Sauce
- 2 C ketchup I prefer simple ketchup (without corn syrup!)
- 4 C diced fresh peaches peels do not have to be removed
- 3/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2/3 C brown sugar dark or light
- 2 tsp BBQ rub or sub equal parts garlic powder, paprika and ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 C water can substitute Coca Cola or even Dr. Pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium stockpot. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover, and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes, until peaches are soft.
- Use your immersion blender, or regular blender, to blend the sauce to a fine puree.
- Transfer the sauce to sterilized jars. Top with canning lid and ring.
- Store in the refrigerator when not in use.