Follow this tutorial to make your own Scrabble Tile Ornaments – they make beautiful gifts at the holidays that can be personalized to the recipient!
As we draw closer to the holidays, many of us are looking for ways to spend time indoors with our kids. This past year has been a rough one for many… and “making” things with our hands has been a saving grace for parents everywhere.
Handmade ornaments are always fun to make and even nicer to gift. These farmhouse scrabble tile ornaments are really neat to make because you can personalize them any way you wish:
- First or Last Name
- Favorite quote/saying
These Scrabble Tile Ornaments really are super easy to make, not to mention, inexpensive! Look for scrabble tiles at your local Goodwill or thrift store on sale. You can also find the other materials at your Dollar Tree, too!
DIY Scrabble Tile Ornament
- Scrabble Tiles (I got mine at the thrift store but you can also find them on Amazon)
- Rustic Fabric (I got mine from Joann, but I also found them on Amazon)
- Twine (I got mine from Dollar Tree, but I also found it on Amazon)
- Large craft sticks (I got mine from Dollar Tree, but I also found them on Amazon)
- Holiday greenery (I got mine from Dollar Tree, but I also found them on Amazon)
- Glue gun, school glue, Mod Modge or Tacky glue
- Craft brush (I got mine from Dollar Tree)
Step 1: Cut your piece of fabric approximately 5 ¼” x ¾”. Using your brush, cover your popsicle/craft stick in the school glue, Mod Modge or Tacky glue.
Step 2: Wrap the fabric around it. Tuck the fabric in at the rounded corners and clip any excess fabric. Cover the entire stick in the school glue, Mod Modge or Tacky glue. Allow to dry completely (for about 30 minutes to an hour.)
Step 3: Using your glue gun, school glue, Mod Modge or tacky glue, apply your Scrabble tiles and holiday greenery. Turn the stick over and apply a dime size drop of glue to the top about 1” down and secure the tie.
Allow to dry completely before hanging on your tree.
That’s it!!! This could not be any easier or more adorable!!
Looking for more Christmas ornaments?
- Foam Ball Fabric Scrap Ornaments
- Paper Strip Christmas Ornament
- LEGO MiniFig Christmas Ornament
- DIY Mickey and Minnie Christmas Ornament
- Handmade Mickey Mouse Christmas Ornament
- DIY LEGO Holiday Ornament