Sweet Potatoes are SO convenient to have in your kitchen ~ they can stretch so incredibly far.
My kids LOVE fresh rolls, and they are great to pair with soups or stews, which we make a LOT of in our house. Soups and stews are a great way to use up vegetables… not to mention they freeze up so well.
These rolls only need a cup of Sweet Potatoes (mashed) – – because we love them so much, we skinned and quartered several and then kept the extra we didn’t use so we could make more rolls later this week.
If you don’t have Sweet Potatoes in your CSA share, you can pick up a 5 lb Bag of Organic Sweet Potatoes at Costco for just over $1/lb.
Never ever go to Costco without buying a bag. They are a must to have in your kitchen!
Sweet Potato Rolls
- 2.5 tsp Red Star Active Dry Yeast
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 C sweet potatoes mashed
- 1/2 C warm water 105-110 degrees F
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 1/2 C. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dissolve the water and yeast in the bowl of your KitchenAid and let stand 5 minutes.
- The mixture should froth/foam up - if it does, you have the right temperature.
- Add the sugar, sweet potatoes, margarine, eggs, salt, flour and sweet potatoes to the mixer.
- With the hook attachment, stir to mix well - mixture will be sticky.
- Oil your hands, then turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface... knead for just 1-2 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and place in a well-oiled bowl - turn to coat the surface.
- Cover and rise 1 hour - until doubled in size.
- Punch down, let dough rest 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15-20 equal sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet OR on a baking mat on a cookie sheet and let it sit and rise until the rolls are double in size.
- In the meantime, heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the rolls have risen (30-40 min), bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: Brush with butter once out of the oven.
- Sweet Potato Muffins
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Taquitos
- 15 Minute Vegetarian Sweet Potato Chili
- Sweet Potato Bread