Once October rolls around, my pantry fills up with pumpkin – pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin cookies are pretty popular.. you might even find pumpkin soup going on in this house of ours.
We are in love with pumpkin.
And while we try to stay away from grains, and wheat for our boys (you can read why HERE), it is incredibly challenging to give them pumpkin bread when traditional recipes call for lots of sugar, even more flour, and so much butter it just makes me panic looking at the recipe.
We were excited when we found this recipe for Moist Organic Pumpkin Bread, as it still allowed the boys to have their favorite bread for lunch and for a snack.. and I didn’t feel guilty about letting them have it for sake of their teeth.
- (All ingredients are organic)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. raw honey
- 1/4 C. coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 C. canned pumpkin
- 2 C. almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 3 drops each Clove and Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential Oils (we use Young Living)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the blender, combine the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, allspice and baking soda - mix just until combined.
- Stir in essential oils (optional, but not required).
- Pour into a greased and lightly floured 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.