Roasted Marinated Peppers come together quickly and easily with just a few ingredients – delicious when added to toasted sourdough and topped with mozzarella!
Marinated peppers are one of life’s simple pleasures – they come together quite easily, and are the ideal appetizer (or even, snack).
While you can definitely eat these marinated peppers straight out of the jar with a fork, I love adding them to toasted artisan bread. In fact, go a step further…
- I’ll toast some artisan bread..
- I’ll smother that slice of bread with a bit of Chorizo Jam..
- Then, I’ll top with some of these delicious Marinated Peppers, followed by a little mozzarella.
Toss under the broiler briefly and voila – you have the most delicious, filling snack when your tummy is craving a mixture of flavors.
[Roasted] Marinated Peppers
Marinated peppers starts with roasting bell peppers in a hot oven until they start to blister. Remove from the oven and place in a bowl, cover with Saran Wrap. The Saran Wrap traps the heat in the bowl and allows the skin to peel rather easily from the peppers.
Once the skin is peeled, slice the peppers into strips and discard the seeds and stem. Combine the peppers, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and parsley until all ingredients are combined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
Refrigerate your marinated peppers until you are ready to enjoy them – preferably added to toasted sourdough (much like you would use bruschetta or pesto). Some other ideas for enjoying these peppers:
- Atop your favorite burger or steak, fresh from the grill
- Next to your side of rice
- Straight from the jar – with a fork or spoon (sometimes simple is best!)
- Topped on toasted sourdough, followed by fresh mozzarella and toasted under a broiler
- Enjoyed on your next hot dog or bratwurst
This recipe will make 1 pint (or two half pints) of marinated peppers, that keep beautifully in the fridge.
Can you can this recipe?
These marinated peppers are not canned, nor is the recipe safe for canning. As a result, they must be refrigerated at all times.
Love this recipe?
If so, you might want to try these:
- Sweet & Spicy Chorizo Jam
- Sweet Corn Relish
- Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- No Knead Artisan Bread
- Hatch Chile Relish
Did you make these peppers? If you did, please take a second to rate the recipe and leave a comment.
Roasted Marinated Peppers
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the peppers (whole) in the oven directly on the rack. Roast for 15 minutes (turning if needed), until the skin is scorched.
- Immediately place the peppers in a bowl, cover with Saran Wrap. Allow to cool.
- Remove the skins from the peppers by rubbing them with your hands. Rinse under cold water. Cut in half, remove stem and seeds; cut into strips.
- Place peppers into medium serving bowl. Stir in the garlic, vinegar, oil, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.