Celebrate your Irish heritage all year long with these simple and delicious Irish Oatmeal Muffins – made quickly with healthy ingredients for a treat everyone will love!
Celebrate your Irish heritage all year long by making these delicious oatmeal muffins. Muffins are the most ideal snack — easy to hold in your hand, and simple to make (with healthy ingredients!)
Muffins are one of my favorite things to have on hand at home. With 5 kids, little hands seem to love being able to have something to snack on without having to dig through the pantry and open boxes. Even more, muffins are relatively healthy (depending on what ingredients are used). These Irish Oatmeal Muffins are nothing more than simple ingredients that come together quickly.
Irish Oatmeal Muffins
These Irish Oatmeal Muffins come together quickly with the most simple of ingredients. Start with vinegar and milk (to sour the milk) – or opt for buttermilk. Add the oatmeal to soak… then combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Grease up your muffin pan or use baking cups – this recipe will make 8 regular size muffins or a tray of 12 mini muffins. Once baked, allow to cool and enjoy smothered with butter for breakfast or as a late night snack.
More Irish-themed food:
Here are some tips to make the best batch of Irish Oatmeal Muffins:
- Double the recipe and fill the muffin cups 2/3 full for larger muffins.
- This recipe guides you to vinegar and milk (to sour the milk) – you can substitute buttermilk in place of the vinegar and milk, use the same measurement of buttermilk as milk and ditch the vinegar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for the first 5-7 minutes, then drop the temp to 375 degrees F for muffins with domed tops. That high temp at the onset will encourage the muffins to bake upwards.
Once baked, allow to cool and then store the muffins in a sealed ziplock bag at room temperature. Or refrigerate for longer storage.
If you do happen to try these delicious Irish Oatmeal Muffins please leave a comment, and rate the recipe to let me know how they turned out for you!
Irish Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 C dry oats
- 1 C milk 1
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1.25 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl combine milk and vinegar to sour the milk.
- Then add the oats and soak until soft.
- Mix in the egg. Add in sugar and oil.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and stir until well combined.
- Fill the cupcake pan or muffin tins half full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Follow me on Pinterest for more interesting dinner and meal time recipes!