These healthy oatmeal cookies are chock full of oats, flax, cinnamon, cranberries, raisins and chocolate – easy to make, filling and delicious!
Cookies are so much fun to make and eat – unless of course, you’re on a diet and you feel really really guilty about putting even a bit of one in your mouth.
As a kid, I loved cookie dough – I have vivid memories of cookie dough being on the kitchen counter with no adult around. I’d literally SHOVEL that cookie dough in my mouth hoping that my parents wouldn’t come around the corner of the kitchen.
But nothing goes without notice. My mother certainly didn’t miss a beat. Before you know it, she would be after us, wanting to know who ate the dough.
Of course, none of us wanted to admit guilt… which meant even bigger issues later on.
I always think about that when I make cookies for my own kids now. The smallest kids tend to be the most zealous at attempting to steal large scoops of dough off of the counter top. Unless…. of course, you tell them that there’s dried FRUIT in there. My kids have made it quite clear that dried fruit is not for cookies.
But I say otherwise. These Healthier Oatmeal Cookies are therefore the perfect little treat. They are healthier, but they are also delicious, too – just don’t mention too much of that to your kids!
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Just a few simple ingredients tossed together results in a healthy oatmeal cookie that you can indulge in without guilt.
Combine butter, eggs, and dried fruit (raisins, cranberries and some chocolate chips) to make these little gems. They are great snacking, or even better enjoyed with a cup of coffee.
Did you make these cookies?
If you did, take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a review to let me know how they turned out for you.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 3/4 C butter softened
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2.5 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C oats
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C dried cranberries
- 1/4 C raisins
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl combine the softened butter and the sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla and continue to mix until all is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, oats, baking soda, flax, and cinnamon and whisk until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until all is combined and cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the dried cranberries, raisins, and chocolate chips. Then form into cookies and place on a baking sheet.
More cookie recipes:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
- Rolled Ginger Cookies
- Hatch Chile Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Flour Shortbread Cookies